THE COLLEGE OF HEALTH SCIENCES
The College of Health Sciences (CHS) aims to advance healthcare in Vietnam and around the world through cutting-edge education, innovative research and technology. Our mission is:
- Committed to developing world-class research and providing exceptional healthcare education
- To pioneer health science education and reform in the country
- Attract and train health leaders to advance health sciences locally and globally.
Our strategic partner within Vingroup is Vinmec Healthcare System – Vietnam’s leading private non-profit healthcare provider, which currently includes 7 hospitals and 4 outpatient clinics across Vietnam (with over 1,600 beds), as well as than its medical research institutes. and centers. Vinmec is the only healthcare provider in Vietnam to offer 2 Joint-Commission International (JCI) accredited hospitals (in Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City). Vinmec Times City in Hanoi is our main teaching hospital for the College of Health Sciences. It received the first JCI accreditation in 2015, re-accreditation in 2018 and is currently the only teaching hospital in Vietnam with JCI recognition.
With a vision to advance healthcare through research, the College of Health Sciences will also offer research opportunities across all of our programs and provide a supportive research environment for our faculty and students. Taking advantage of being in the Vingroup ecosystem with a number of technology and service-oriented companies such as Vinpearl, VinHomes, VinFast, VinSmart, etc., the College will cooperate closely with these companies in research to create breakthrough technology and healthcare products and solutions.
Currently, the College offers undergraduate degree programs in Nursing and Medicine, while three residency programs are offered, namely Internal Medicine, Surgery, and Pediatrics. All health science programs are competency-based and developed with technical support from the University of Pennsylvania. With UPenn’s certified and validated curricula, world-class international and Vietnamese faculty, modern teaching approaches and state-of-the-art infrastructure, we will prepare our students to become health leaders, innovators and scientists with an entrepreneurial spirit and as potential agents of change. in the future.
Hanoi Vin University College of Health Sciences invites applications for an assistant, associate or full professorship in medical education.
- Lead new initiatives and be involved in facilitating small integrated block groups as well as training and mentoring teaching assistants
- Liaise with colleagues in the Learning/Teaching Management Office, IT Services, Web Services, Library and other academic departments to ensure an integrated approach to MD program delivery.
- Develop training materials/guidelines related to technology support for students and staff.
- Propose and develop online interactions according to course needs.
- Recommends and tests new mobile tools to integrate into courses in collaboration with faculty.
MAIN SELECTION CRITERIA
- Have a PhD in medical education/health sciences or a related field.
- Teaching experience: At least 2 years of experience teaching students in the health sciences
- Research experience: At least 3 research publications as first author or co-author in a peer-reviewed journal or other academic work
- Ability to design, conduct and direct analytical and intervention studies on health services, with strong methodological skills.
- Ability to initiate and maintain an extramural funded research program (independent or collaborative).
- The area of interest includes: medical education with particular emphasis on the role of innovation. Behavioral interventions in community and clinical settings aimed at preventing and treating disease and improving health outcomes, health.
- University degrees and experiences are preferred (especially those qualified as associate/full professors)
- English level: ability to work with international experts and the ACGME-I accreditation team
- Demonstrated leadership and management skills
- Excellent communication, organization and interpersonal skills
Salary and benefits are internationally competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience.
HOW TO REGISTER
Please apply via https://apply.interfolio.com/108634 and submit (1) cover letter, (2) resume, and (3) two letters of recommendation.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Please note that only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
LIVE AND WORK IN HANOI, VIETNAM
Work permit: VinUniversity will assist and advise you to obtain the necessary documents for employment in Vietnam (visa, work permit, insurance, etc.). However, it is your responsibility to ensure that you can meet all paper requirements in a timely manner.
According to Vietnamese law, expats are required to submit all necessary documents for a work permit on the first day in Vietnam. For more information on the necessary documents, please refer to the information contained in this link.
Cost of living: Vietnam has a relatively low cost of living and expats can live a very comfortable life here with moderate expenses.
VinUniversity (VinUni: https://vinuni.edu.vn/) is Vietnam’s first private non-profit university established based on international standards. The university integrates the models of excellent international universities with the unique cultural and economic characteristics of Vietnam, to make a breakthrough in Vietnamese higher education and become a world-class university.
VinUni has strategic collaborations with the world’s leading universities, including Cornell University and the University of Pennsylvania. These universities have become close advisors and crucial facilitators in the establishment of VinUni’s three colleges: College of Business and Management, College of Engineering and Computer Science, and College of Health Sciences. Every aspect of the University: its programs, research, faculty, students, facilities and campus life, is developed to meet the highest standards set by the world’s leading accreditation and ranking organizations, such as ABET, AACSB, Quacquarelli Symonds (QS) and Times Higher Education (THE).
VinUni’s founding benefactor, Vingroup, is one of Asia’s largest private conglomerates with the highest market capitalization value in Vietnam. As a multi-industry company, Vingroup focuses on three main areas: technology; industrial; and Real Estate Services. VinUni is proud to be part of the Vingroup ecosystem, offering its students the opportunity to connect with several high-quality research institutes (such as VinAI, VinBrain and Vin BigData), pioneering industrial companies (such as VinSmart and VinFast ) and Vietnamese leaders. companies (such as Vinpearl, Vincom Retail, Vinmec and Vinhomes)